Introduction to Adobe Creative Cloud – Learn Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Day/Times: Monday, 12:00P – 02:45P
Dates: 22-Jan-18 to 30-Apr-18
This course is an introduction to the industry-standard software package for professional graphic designers for use in digital image manipulation, digital illustration and page layout. Students will learn basic navigating skills within the Adobe Creative Cloud software, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Students will learn how to select, modify, adjust, combine, and manipulate pre-existing digital raster images, as well as the basic method for creating new vector images from scratch. Students will then investigate how these images can be integrated with type to create a page layout.
The successful student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate fundamental skills using Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign for use in print and Web application.
2. Explain the differences between bitmap/raster images and vector graphics, and the software used for each.
3. Import and export files between software packages, including usage of various file formats such as .psd, .eps, .gif, .tif, .jpeg, .png, .ai, and .indd.
4. Demonstrate methods for optimizing size, color, and quality of images and/or photographs using Photoshop.
5. Create vector graphics and utilize tools to create, resize, and manipulate type in Illustrator.
6. Create basic page layout using key tools such as master pages and style sheets within InDesign.
7. Examine and discuss traditional methods of design and pre-press, with reference to the art historical, social, and cultural context.
8. Design and complete individual projects.
9. Display finished works in a professional manner.
This is primarily a studio class, including:
• weekly class, group and one-on-one critiques
• in-class projects
• discussions & exercises
Please be prepared with the materials needed to work on your projects each class period.
30% weekly attendance & participation15% weekly experiment notes15% experiment completion15% terminology & skill improvement25% Final Projects